Please join the next Global Digital Health Network Meeting on April 19th - hosted by World Vision - highlighting digital health collaborations.
We all know that successful collaborations can leverage resources and talent, transforming our global digital health programs. Our field is seeing more in the way of formal partnerships and collaborations, creating synergies and accelerating investments in harnessing digital solutions to improve health outcomes. Our speakers will include:
Alvin Marcelo, Executive Director of AeHIN and Dr. Boonchai Kijsanayothin will kick off the meeting providing an overview summary of the 5th AeHIN General Meeting themed "Achieving the SDG's with ICT". The meeting is taking place, March 6-10 in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar. AeHIN supports peer learning among national HIS and eHealth focal points and advocates in Ministries of Health, Ministries of ICT, academics and NGOs. AeHIN comprises over 900 members from more than 25 countries in South and Southeast Asia and maintains affiliation with the Pacific Health Information Network (PHIN), Africa Network for Digital Health (ANDH), the Joint Learning Network (JLN) for Universal Health Coverage, and the regionalized community of practice focusing on Routine Health Information Systems (RHIS) — or the AeHIN RHIS sub-group.
Magnus Conteh, Director, Global Health Programmes, Strategic Partnerships and Innovation at World Vision Ireland who will feature a presentation about a multi-stakeholder collaborative approach in Sierra Leone that is helping the government to rebuild its health information systems and community health worker program post-Ebola. Joining Magnus will be representatives from the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Information Communication Technology to offer their perspectives on the development of Sierra Leone’s first eHealth strategy. Following the recent launch of the Broadband Commission for Sustainable Development report on Digital Health, we know how important this inter-ministerial collaboration is for the success for digital health and health information systems.
Lastly, hear about the Health Data Collaborative, a joint effort by multiple global health partners to work alongside countries to improve the availability, quality and use of data for local decision-making and tracking progress toward the health-related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the newly crated Digital Health Initaitive.
Heidi + Amanda
- JUST RELEASED! The Broadband Commission for Sustainable Development's , co-chaired by the Novartis Foundation and Nokia, has launched the report ".".
- USAID Impact Blog: Digital Health: Moving from Silos to Systems - by Ann Mei Chang, Chief Innovation Officer & Executive Director at The Global Development Lab, and Jennifer Adams, Acting Assistant Administrator, Bureau for Global Health
- Devex: How Facebook statuses informed the Zika response in Brazil - by Catherine Cheney
- "Planning for an interactive and engaging event" - a blog from Amanda BenDor, Co-Chair
- "It Takes More Than Money: The Non-Financial Factors in Sustainability" - a blog from our July Deep Dive.
Coffee and pastry will be provided. Come listen and network.